The Acquisition Group is looking to hire a full time Financial Controller / Accountant to work out of our Vancouver Down-town office. Please review the job posting below, then go to our ‘Opportunities’ tab, and hit ‘Apply Now’ to be considered for this position! Interviews start this week!
The Financial Controller / Accountant will be responsible for the accounting operations of the company, including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. This person will be organized, highly detail oriented, able to work under pressure and achieve deadlines, while always maintaining professionalism and discretion.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma
• Completed or near completion of an accountancy designation (CA, CGA, CMA)
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Good interpersonal communication skills
• Good problem-solving and analytical skills
• Must be able to use Microsoft Excel and Word
• Ability to use spreadsheets to keep and analyze performance and results data.
• Strong attention to detail
• Has a clear understanding of Canadian GAAP
• At least 2 years’ experience working in Quickbooks
• At least 2 years’ experience in full cycle accounting
• Must be able to pass a Canadian Criminal Record Check
• Prepare internal financial statements and reports
• Prepare budgets
• Cash flow management
• Prepare financial forecasts
• Implement procedures to improve the internal operations of the company
• Manage year-end processes
• Prepare financial information necessary for external accountant’s issuance of financials
• Liaise with the external accountant
• Prepare reports for management as requested
• Create and update procedures on tasks relating to the duties of this position.
• Providing training and guiding staff that perform the following duties:
Bank Reconciliations – Bank / Visa Accounts
Company payroll – Employee Adjustments, Time Tracking, Vacation Pay, Sick Days Scheduling
Filing and remittance of GST and PST
• Perform other duties, as required.
Compensation will be based on experience, and will be discussed during the interview process. Competitive salary and benefits available.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter today. Interviews taking place immediately for all chosen candidates.
Thank you to all those who apply, however, only chosen candidates will be contacted.